Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ace Eli and Rodger of the Skies


Drama. Story by Steven Spielberg
-Year: 1973
-Year in film: 1920s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Rodger 11 , girl ~13 

-Available on DVD: no?
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium ? 
-Rating:  6/10 ?  
-Rating: ******
-Comment: A boy, I think Eric Shea in black jeans bibs, also shirtless and a 12 or 13 yo girl (perhaps Ariana Chase) in blue bibs with long blond hair, perhaps even more actors (at least 2 men I saw on lobby cards). I found this movie some time ago (perhaps I have even seen it, but can't remember). Seems to be a very good film (rated PG), setting in the early 1920s starring Cliff Robertson as WWI ace Ace Eli Walford and introducing Bernadette Peters. There is a soundtrack CD, but I couldn't find any DVD or VHS releases (however there might be some offers on DVD-R) and no trailers or clips anywhere. So no pics yet, sorry. I hope for a TV broadcasting (or DVD release, I would buy it) and have to update this entry as soon as possible. Rating 7 for now. I also assume farm or similar rural contents also not sure about riding scenes. Perhaps Felix can also help here.
Update: Cliff Robertson (Ben Parker in Spiderman films) died yesterday aged 88. R.I.P. 

Update: Now I finally have seen it partly (the first 30 minutes). I saw riding scenes (the girl wearing bibs and a white sailor collar underneath, also see my sailor suit blog, rating 7). Eric Shea is barefoot. Also smoking and wearing Long Johns and knickers and taking a bath in a tin tub.

Also at least one more overweighted boy in bibs also wearing a straw hat (pic 3 below on the far right) and several men in bibs. Movie isn't bad, previously rated 7, but I think I give only 6. Eric Shea is handsome (see also "Anna and the King (1972) on my sailor suit blog, he who wears a sailor suit). Adding tag riding.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2013/12/update-ace-eli-and-rodger-of-skies.html

No comments: