Monday, September 12, 2011

Harlan County War


TV drama, nominated for Golden Globe
-Year: 2000
-Year in film: 1973
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Buddy ~13, girl Lucinda 11
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: low ?? 
-Rating:  5/10   
-Rating: *****
-Comment: At least 13 or 14 yo Alex House in light blue bibs. I'm not sure if this is also the same boy as pictured. The boy looks younger ~11ys but bibs look the same. Also starring Charlotte Arnold (left, also in medium blue shortalls). Sorry, I don't know this complete movie starring Holly Hunter and Ted Levine. Perhaps also other actors in bibs (men). I assume medium or fewer (good) bib scenes. Film aka Harlan County, but not to be confused with Harlan County U.S.A. (1976) but related with the same true story about striking miners. I can't find any clips on YouTube to embed. Bibs look quite good, and plot and setting of 1970s Kentucky might be interesting, though jail and probably action like scenes. Not sure about rural or real farm contents. Filmed in Ontario and both kids Canadian, so non-USA. Rating 5 for now. Charlotte Arnold in full length light blue bibs and pigtails in "Custody of the Heart" (2000, or according to IMDb 2003 but she looks the same age as here). I will also make an entry for that film. I have seen a publicity still but no clips yet.

No comments: