Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Info 46: Blog search

Internal blogger search gadget still not works.
I've read that many other has this problem. Not sure if this is only temporary down for updating. But problems like this occured regularly in the past. I hope that it will run again or there will be a better gadget.

Best search I found is the advanced blog search at

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch/advanced_blog_search

Copy and paste my blogadress and put in field 7 to search this blog only. Blog search is possible for post titles and can also limited to a specific time period or excluding words.

I also have a search bar on the very top of this blog site.
If you search a film you can also view the A-Z complete list (see label/tag) and then search it by the rating number by viewing all tags with that rating.

I think the problem with google search and google image search concerning my blog seems to be a bit better now (search revealed all posts due to my former complete A-Z list that was included in all posts as it was on the right side on the blog). Changing the blog hosts will not solve this problem. I can only wait and try some other blog design.

Edit: 3 or 4 days later, the internal search works again. (But search is still not very good).

Update January 2012: Still occasionally some problems. But lot more on my newer blog. Also not all archive posts are displaying or the button older post is invisible. For that see info 114 or click on my oldest post link and click through the newer posts. Maybe this is also true for all months.
At least the not displayed posts can be found by a blog search.

Update 2020: Currently the advanced Google search is worse and there are still issies. Especially now with the new imported posts.

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/05/info-1288-blog-search-issues.html

No comments: