Saturday, September 10, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Comes



Fantasy film, novel by Ray Bradbury
-Year: 1983
-Year in film: 1955
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Jim, William 13
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium ? 
-Rating:  8/10   
-Rating: ********
-Comment: I think Vidal Peterson and Shawn Carson (maybe more actors) in blue and hickory striped bibs (last pictured on right). Thanks again Felix for this movie. I knew it and even own the novel, but didn't remember bib scenes here. A famous masterpiece by famous Ray Bradbury. I don't remember the complete Disney movie (rated PG) and have to watch it, as soon if  I have enough time for that and even considering buying this DVD. But already rating 8-9 for now. I like US movies of the 80s. Most scenes seem to be set in dark light. There is also a similar ferris wheel scene in the "The Ray Bradbury Theater" 1980s series (ep. 4.4 The Black Ferris, 1990) which I also like. Also a frightening ferris wheel scene in The W

altons (with Elizabeth, season 7 ?).

 Update: About half of the movie is dark lit. Vidal Peterson often or always wearing the bibs and often a cap and sometimes a jacket and several scenes are from a distance like sitting and kneeing.

Pic 1 at 32 minutes, pic 2 at 22 minutes, pic 3 at 4 (I think the only scene of the other boy) and pic 4 at 31 minutes.

Good plot and handsome actor. I have to recheck it more carefully ona  big screen. Probably not rating 9, rather ~7.

Another, sharper pic at

/2017/12/23/info-huge-update-part-30/

 

No comments: