Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Brother Talks to Horses


B/w farm film. Director: Fred Zinnemann, novel by Morton Thompson
-Year: 1947
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Lewie ~9 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: low
-Rating:  4/10 
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Jackie "Butch" Jenkins (died 2001) in dark bibs (pictured). I don't know this complete film and just flipped through some parts. I could only discover one short scene inside the barn and before that outside feeding chicken and sitting down talking to his mother. Bibs are heavy worn, one suspender is down or defective. Famous sympathic child star with freckles and a buck tooth. At least good historic and authentic farm setting. I don't know if the bibs are of real (blue) jeans fabric. I can only rate 4-5 for now, and as of few bib scenes 4 for this film. But I have to watch this whole movie. MGM film is not yet in Public Domain. Novel is called "Joe, The Wounded Tennis Player" (1945). Film produced 1946 aka "My Brother Who Talks to Horses" and "Louie, My Brother Talked to Horses".

Another good color movie starring Jenkins is the musical Summer Holiday (1948)

/2011/11/summer-holiday-1948.html

No comments: