Sunday, April 14, 2024

Update: Musikids: Heisse Mundart-Songs

After the recent Frisian dialects (girls rating 4), I searched for this CD, found and bought it. The concept is quite rare, a (photo) love story of kids, rather a radio play, and with that dialect probably unique. 12 completely different songs (quite good. including styles of techno, rap, boogie-woogie, country, world music but mainly rock/pop, a bit similar like Kinderen voor Kinderen). 

Each song is interrupted with a short narration and dialogues ~30-60 sec. The plot is about a handsome boy Johnny, a show-off, claiming having worked with Michael Jackson and he has to prove that at a contest. More details, lyrics (without narration) and photos on discogs.

There was obviously a stage play and video. I first haven't found the clip on YouTube anymore but it's still there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYIyJK1T0Ug

Kids are just singing and the dialect takes time to get used to. First I was disappointed. 95% sounds like girls voices, including the narration (boy+girl, the boy just sounds like a girl. The more often I listen, the more I like it.

Bibs: There are I think 2 girls and 1 boy in bibs. Unfortunatley I haven't found any other pics of vids. At least I now have the full sound and plot.

Main entry rating 6 (with one more pic of the boy)

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/01/musikids-heisse-mundart-songs.html

No comments: