Thursday, March 28, 2024

50 jier Frysk op skoalle (Sipelsop en Sukelade)

 

Documentary and stage play
Year: 1987
Year in film: 1987
Country: The Netherlands
Who in bibs: girls ~11 ?
Available on DVD: no
I own: no
Clothing occurrence: very low
Rating:  4/10 
Rating: ****
Comment: Pic 1 from a documentary called "50 jiers Frysk op skoalle" (50 years Frisian at schools) with rehearsal. 34 kids. Pic 1 at 12. Pic 2 below from the real play. I found this on Omrop Fryslan. There's another documentary called "Anita Dijkstra oefenet foar Sipelsop en Sûkelade" (I think no bibs in that, a headshot of a boy with a strap but I think a bag). I think one of the vocalists and maybe the girl pictured. Also on vinyl (discogs). Called as Frisian version of "Kinderen voor Kinderen". But I think only in 1987.

I was reminded to a CD of 4 kids (1 boy+3 girls) singing in the rarest dialect of Europe: Saterland Frisian. 1000-2000 people speaking that. A minority language in Northern Germany. The kids are "Kleine Saterfriesen". The 2019 CD was called "Sjung mäd uus"  but was mainly used local. At least the app "Kleine Saterfriesen" is available and has 3 songs. Interesting language. No bibs scenes known there.

During research for Frisian music I found this one. In the Netherlands it's different and not that rare and official.

Unfortunately few bibs scenes. So rating ~3-4.


 

No comments: