Thursday, February 23, 2023

Update: Carnivàle, rating 3->6



After the carnival, I had to think of this series and remember that I only had seen few clips. So I did some research. On YouTube, I found great clips, also very good scenes of younger boys. Previously rated 3, I first thought of giving rating 7 or even higher.

Grown-up Nick Stahl (pic 2 from s1e6) is almost always shown with the bib down (see main post which is from s2e12, but here also wearing them the regular way. 

Pic 1 showing a boy sitting on the floor, clip called Carnivàle - Making of Carnivàle. Unknown episode A flashback scene in s1e1 showing Ryan Hanson Bradford as young Ben. Pic 3 showing a boy entering a ferris wheel. Walking front+rear and sitting. Clip is called Carnivale - Jonesy - Fallen Angel (fan vid, unknown episode).

I considered even buying the DVDs, but I found most episodes on dm. 2 episodes missing of season 1. And some more of season 2. I haven't noticed scenes of pics 1+3 but I have to watch all episodes again at regular speed. Also several men in bibs. Nick Stahl also sitting and shirtless and also picking the bibs from a clothesline. Wet scenes walking with a man in a river in s1e7. Nick Stahl was very good in The Man Without a Face (1993) (not he but a girl in bibs there, movie rating 7).

Now rating ~5-6. Great, unusual and early setting. Another scene of a boy (maybe the same, same cap) in s1e3 (update 2).

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/03/carnivale.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2023/04/update-2-carnivale.html



No comments: