Thursday, April 6, 2023

Update 2: Carnivàle

 

I've started to recheck (the available episodes) at regular speed and with (German) audio. I found another very brief scene of a boy walking rear view in s1e3 at 9 min. Maybe it's the same boy as in the previous update (last pic, ferris wheel).

I also found the other boy in s1e1 at 56. It's Ryan Hanson Bradford as young Ben in a flashback scene while at the fortune-teller reading the cards.

Very interesting and strange setting. There are other movies and series which have some parts at fairs or circus but rarely as main plot (in these years). Some very few episodes like in The Waltons (s5e14 and/or season 6 or 7) and Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Unfortunately very few scenes of boys. I think none living with the circus. Nick Stahl is grown up now and he usually wear the bibs with a belt and the bib down. There's also a peeing scene in a bar I think in s1e5 (bib up) but bad views. And I don't like him that much anymore. But I have to continue watching.

Main entry, rating 6

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/03/carnivale.html

No comments: