Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Books 122: The Waltons

I was searching for some more books and checking my highest rated posts. I first thought that there's mainly one book by Earl Hamner Jr. Spencer's Mountain. I bought the German abridged Reader's Digest version many years ago. Not bad and have some good illustrations (also showing bibs). There are also some memoirs of one or two of the actors. Books and also now a YouTube series by Judy Norton, behind the scenes with other actors but few new scenes. I also found a new Waltons movie, coming next.

By coincidence I found some more Waltons book. There are 3 book novelisations from Bantam (The Reunion and The Love Story, The Typewriter and the Separation, An Easter Story). And 2 or 3 picture books, sticker and paper doll books.

But most of interest is the 6 part 1975 book series by Whitman. Most books are about one character. The Bird Dog is about Jim-Bob with a nice cover by Maxine McCaffrey. Showing Jim-Bob more blond and handsome. The books are quite rare and I only have seen some few pages. Probably no illustrations but some overalls mentionings (at least about Mary-Ellen).

The Puzzle is about Jason, The Accident about The Waltons, The Penny Sale about Mary-Ellen, Up She Rises about Erin, The Treasures I think about The Waltons. Nice covers showing several actors in bibs. Later I bought Goodnight John-Boy

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2024/01/book-135-earl-hamner-goodnight-john-boy.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/01/the-waltons.html

 

No comments: