Sunday, January 15, 2023

Book 123: Baldacci: Wish You Well

Again searching for some new books, I have checked all my posts rated 7-10. Some books don't exist, others don't have any mentionings of overalls, so I already have almost all notable books. There are some few TV series with book series (like Neues vom Süderhof, rating 8, see upcoming post or Schloss Einstein) of which I don't have all books. So I now have to check posts rated 6.

The only notable book left was this, movie rating 7. Two boys and one girl in bibs.

There's a preview on Google Books showing 15 occurrences. Including barefoot scenes but also men. The plot is quite good, and I even bought the BD. However few descriptions of the girl in bibs, and the youngest brother is just 7 and the other not that handsome.

The German translation has 9 occurrences and uses (like Christy) the term overall (what means coveralls in German). So for now, I think I won't buy it.

I have about 5 posts (links in the main entry are defunct, please do a blog search).

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2020/04/wish-you-well.html

Christy has another mentioning of another boy, but still much to read.

One interesting description in the book of Coal Miner's Daughter on page 113: country fairs... husky boys in their bib overalls, boots still caked with manure.... (not sure how old these are). Movie rating 7.


No comments: