Friday, December 23, 2022

Info: Issues with my Wiki - part 3

I did an Ubuntu upgrade and in the new Firefox 108 (snap package), TLS 1.1 is again disabled by default. I think it still can be manually enabled, but it's not recommended for longer use. And other browsers might not work at all. 

There are still the same issues with my School TV wiki on wiki-site (see blogroll), like an old certificate and no SSL. But even when accepting the risks, all wikis can't be accessed at all. Maybe it's also completely down now (404 error). Same for the main site active.co.il (only galcomm works). Registered in 2006, I think it used a 2010 wiki software and was never updated. There were very few active wikis, I think less than 5 and some tests.

In case, something happened to this blog, I considered transferring it to a wiki, but I still haven't found better blogs or wiki. There's also wix.com, but I think the domain is only free in the 1st year. A forum or pinterest would be another options. A complete, free site with import of all pics is obviously impossible. I haven't searched for new sites. But probably I would have to switch to a text-only site or list then (maybe on editthis.info or doowikis). And try to announce it somewhere (overalls or movie site). Let's hope, that there will be no need for that.

First post and wiki comparison (some more details on my other blog)

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2021/06/info-issues-with-my-wiki-comparison.html

No comments: