Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Books 26, several f/m

During research I found this books showing black girls and some boy in bibs/shortalls on the covers. I don't know the contents, but I think I wouldn't buy any of them. I was disappointed of the Roll of Thunder series and I think I probably buy other children books with illustrations or other novels from movies next. After finishing A Summer's Exile, I continue Spencer's Mountain which is good and very Waltons-like, but no bibs scenes yet except the illustrations.

Sharon Dennis Wyeth: A Piece of Heaven (13 yo black girl)

Sharon Dennis Wyeth: Ginger Brown: The Nobody Boy (at least a black boy in shortalls) including b&w illustrations

Bettye Stroud: Dance Y'All (a black farm boy in bibs)

William Miller etc: Zora Hurston and the Chinaberry Tree (black girl in bibs)

No comments: