Saturday, May 5, 2012

Why Shoot the Teacher?


Drama starring Bud Cort
Year: 1977
-Year in film: 1930s
-Country: Canada
-Who in bibs: boys ~11-18, teen girl?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  8/10
-Rating: ********
-Comment: Some boys of different age, mostly older teens in blue bibs (pictured).

I checked some complete films on YouTube and found this famous film (and some other, coming soon). Novel by Max Braithwaite. Reminds me a bit of "The People (1972)", rating 6.

Some very good scenes, also dressing on bibs (not completely shown) and playing in the sand/dust. Bibs at least of one of the younger boys are quite baggy (3rd pic on right). Kids are from the typical one-room school house of different grades. 1930s, rural content. I checked the complete film, mostly at high speed. I wish that the image quality would be better.

I have to check this again. It's even completely at least twice on YouTube, but I don't like watching films online. Maybe I even will buy the DVD and the novel. Rated PG.

Rating even 8-9.

/2018/07/31/update-why-shoot-the-teacher/


No comments: