Thursday, March 29, 2012

Info 143: comments, spam

Yesterday I found by coincidence some comments in the spam folder. Usually I got mail for comments, but obviously not for those.

Not sure if all comments are really spam, most sounds quite normal. However most with links or names from companies or similar. Some were asking about my website design and how the theme is called. But the theme is named on all blogs. Another one had problems following my blog, but others are able to follow. I think one or two are not spam, like asking about my blog design and that I had too much text. I think I have rather too few text as this is an information database and not just an image blog (for copyrighted pics). Pics without those informations like even missing the name of the film or actors are not very useful.

By default only wordpress blogger can comment and are published at once. I changed that, so also anonymous readers can comment and that I moderate them first before showing. I never had so much spam on Blogger (due to captchas). Probably I have to use a captcha or other plugin here as well.

If someone has problems commenting, also try to comment anonymously or try my old blog. Or be patient and check or try again later.

No comments: