Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1939)


MGM film, Mickey Rooney as Huck
-Year: 1939
-Year in film: ~1800s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Huck 19 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: medium ?
-Rating:  3/10
-Rating: ***
-Comment: Mickey Rooney in (according to film cover and publicity stills) worn medium blue bibs. Bib of the overalls seems very small/short. I think I don't have to tell about the plot (see also other Huck Finn entries). I don't know this film, but should be very accurate and close to the novel. Obviously this film is not yet in Public Domain and officially sold on DVD-R. Image quality looks quite good, but I assume medium or fewer bib scenes. There is a color image at cinema.de which looks like a screenshot. Perhaps there is also a colorized version, but most likely this is rather a publicity pic. Roney was 19 ys old and was perhaps the oldest Huck. For bib scenes, rating 3 for now.

No comments: