Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Red Pony (1949)


Film about a boy and a horse, novel by John Steinbeck
-Year: 1949
-Year in film: 1930s?
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Boy Tom 9, other boy
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium?
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Peter Miles (pictured) in too small, blue bibs with suspenders. Also another boy of same age in brown bibs. I don't know this entire movie. Although I like those old farm and animal movies, but I don't like the bibs here. There is also a 1973 remake starring Clint Howard and Henry Fonda (I now also have that). I have to watch both movies. I think they are good and touching and looks like Disney movies, but there are probably better films. Perhaps also other actors in bibs.

Update: I have seen this movie (at high speed). In the 2nd half he wears regular jeans at school. 1933 novel and it's not set in the 1930s or 1940s like said on Wikipedia but in the 1890s/1900s. One girl wears a sailor dress or similar.

Still rating just 4. 1973 version now also made.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-red-pony-1973.html

No comments: