Thursday, February 10, 2011

The River (1984)

Film with Mel Gibson about a farm family and a storm and other problems. 

-Year: 1984 

-Year in film: 1980s? 

-Country: USA 

-Who in bibs: Lewis ~15, Beth ~5, boy ~12, men, woman 

-Available on DVD: yes 

-I own: yes 

-Bib occurrence: low+

-Rating:  6/10

-Rating: ****** 

-Comment: I was not sure about this movie. I saw it long time ago and I think, I didn't like it. I searched the web for film farm family and images look great. So I bought this DVD. Details follows. Shane Bailey in standard blue bibs. I rember that this is a dark film with disasters. So this was my first DVD purchase since this blog. And the first in weeks. I was surprised. The film is not happy, but also not too dark. All family members wear bibs, but not all the time. Also they are not always together. Bailey first wears light blue, dirty bibs in where he also rides a bike. Later also medium blue bibs, one scene is close up while welding. He appeared half of the time and also wears standard Jeans. His little sister (first I thought she is a boy, pic 3) wears light bue bibs, also riding a horse. Gibson wears beige bibs and later light blue coveralls. His wife, played by Sissy Spacek wears bibs in one short scene, hardly to see, maybe beige). Also in bibs: friend or neighbour of Lewis ~12 ys (pic 2). old boy called Billy (light blue) and other men. At the end Bailey with bibs under a jacket and boots. There are not so many modern farm films. Here also working in a corn field and some touching and exciting scenes. Although rather few bib scenes I rate 5-6. 

Adding tag wet, now rating 6 instead of 5,  sitting F, All 3 pics from the update now here. Now 2 re-uploads there are 2 new ones in another update

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2015/11/update-river-1984.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2024/01/update-2-river-1984.html

No comments: