Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tom Sawyer (1973)

 Tom Sawyer with Johnny Whitaker
-Year: 1973
-Year in film: 1800s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Tom 13, Huck 15, other boys, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, partly TV recordings
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: Johnny Whitaker (pictured left) and at least 2 other boys in bibs. I don't like this musical version. There are also a lot of other Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn movies. But I don't know of any with blue Jeans bibs like this. Bibs are a too small and short. Also some shirtless scenes of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn. At this time I have also an entry of Huckleberry Finn and His Friends (1979) starring Ian Tracey in brown bibs. I think that at the time of Tom Sawyer jeans overalls are not even invented.

Edit: I added images (one of the last posts without pics). I think the boy at the right image is Huck Finn, but not sure. This film is not so bad, so I rate it 6 instead of 5. I just don't like boys with longer curly red hair. And this is the only Tom Sawyer in bibs. There is also Huck & the King of Hearts (see that entry) with very good baggy bibs, but loosely based on the novel.

Update 2: Huck (Jeff East) is much better and more often shown in bibs. But the bibs are very simple and bib at very low position. Also shirtless and wet scenes and one teen boy at school in too long bibs but mainly from a distance, barefooted. Some other also younger boys in faded bibs, also sitting. At least 3 boys in bibs in the fence painting scene. Update soon. Adding tag teen boys, sitting M.

Jeff East also appeared in Huckleberry Finn (1974), rating 5 and The Ghost of Cypress Swamp, rating 4.

I have some other Tom and Huck movie. Please use a blog search or the Western list. One with the same year is

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2018/01/update-tom-sawyer-1973.html

 https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2016/05/tom-sawyer-1973-tv-movie.html

No comments: