Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Honkytonk Man





Road Movie with Clint and Kyle Eastwood

-Year: 1982
-Year in film: 1938
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Whit ~14, other boys, men
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  10/10
-Rating: **********
-Comment: Authentic bibs, good story, short scene with 4 other boys ~10ys. running in bibs (pic right). Kyle Eastwood (pictured left, in the middle and right pic on right) wears dusty dark blue bibs (at least 2 different ones, later medium/light blue bibs, see list 36: Bib at high position) in half of this movie. Correct size, although he is very thin. Some working, wood chopping and sitting. Also other good scenes (first love experience). Some men in bibs, too. Although I don't like road movies, this is one of my favourite bib films and the best DVD bib film I own until now (7/2011, updated, still on 9/2015). Very good setting and atmosphere and good plot. I saw it on TV in the early 90s and this was one of my first bib DVD purchased in 2006. All time rank 2 next to The Waltons, which is a series and not a film.
DVD (widescreen) is nearly 2 hours long and close to the novel. Languages: English, German, Spanish; many subtitles (I own PAL, RC2). No extras except for trailer.

I also bought the novel in 07/2011, see entry Book 8 (now completely read and compared).

At least the vintage dark pair is Big Smith brand.

/2014/12/01/story-83-sitting-rear-view-in-overalls/

/2013/02/21/story-48-better-barefoot-or-boots-front-or-back/

/2015/05/07/list-36-bib-at-high-position/

No comments: