Thursday, February 21, 2013

Story 48: Better barefoot or boots, front or back?

waltons-s1-barefoot honkytonkman-shoes

I sometimes ask myself what I like more? Barefooted actors/actresses or in solid shoes or boots. And front or rear view. I'm still not sure. All is interesting if I like the actor and bibs. But I think I prefer barefoot and maybe rear view.

I personally also like wearing solid shoes and bibs. It's hard being barefoot in cities unless it's summer and you have a garden. But I prefer watching others anyway.

Recently I have checked again The Waltons (Season 1 and some parts of season 2 and 7) and there are fewer barefoot scenes than thought. I think Jason is showing the most barefooted. He sometimes wearing shoes while working or at school but at leisure time he is nearly always barefooted also if it's cold and everybody else wearing shoes. I wonder if he had to or if he just liked it. He also had his legs cuffed up.

People rarely wearing sneakers with bibs (Elizabeth while dancing in season 6 or 7) and also Dragonfly of the Sugar Creek Gang walking in the creek. Both in white sneakers. And cowboys rarely wearing bibs. Some actors also wearing rubber boots  but I only like it if real wet or muddy.

Pics (showing one of my most favourite films/series): The Waltons (s1, Jim-Bob, Jason and Elizabeth), Pic 2: Honkytonk Man (Kyle Eastwood), pic 3: Kidsongs (boy in Country Sing-Along), pic 4: The Waltons (s2, Mary-Ellen). Mary-Ellen was younger than thought. 13 in s1.

See also that entries, blog search "boots" and my list

Info 64: Barefoot Movies List

kidsongs-bootswaltons-s2-shoes

1 comment:

dbase1 said...

Now that you are including overalls in commercials here are a couple of suggestions that I have found with famous actors wearing them. Huckleberry Fox in a Crunch N' Munch commercial from 1983 and Jonathan Taylor Thomas in a Sound Swing Bat commercial from 1992. Both can be found on youtube and I highly recommend them.