Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Little Rascals (1994)





Remake of TV series "Our Gang" of the 1920s/30s/40s
-Year: 1994
-Year in film: 1990s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy Froggy ~8 and others
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes TV recording
-Bib occurrence: medium+ ?
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: Jordan Warkol as Froggy (picture left) and at least 3 other boys of the gang in blue (1 in black bibs, 1 in light blue). Also short scenes of at least one other boy, 1 teen girl (pic below), one younger girl (sitting), one man and one woman, standing (supporting actors in the audience). Funny film, but I don't like film nor bibs. Although I like historical films, I also don't like the original b/w series. Quite funny family entertainment. But could be better. Kids are very young. Gags are rather old and something is even annoying. Some romantic and a lot of funny scenes.

Update: I have seen this complete film and noticed also (teen) girls, women and men in bibs (very short scenes). I didn't had the time to watch every single frame of it. Additionally a young girl in sailor suit (see my other blog). Also starring Courtland Mead (see The Shining 1997) and Bug Hall. Young Artist Award for all kids of the gang.
Also interesting: The boy with black hair (pictured top right, not Bug Hall) has I think standard blue bibs, but in close up of the same scene bibs are definitely hickory striped. Maybe a continuity error or the resolution of my recording is too low. 

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-little-rascals-save-day.html

Our Gang classics


No comments: