Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Little Rascals Save the Day



Family film starring Doris Roberts
-Year: 2014
-Year in film: ~2010s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Mary-Ann ~10
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: very often
-Rating:  6/10
-Rating: ******
-Comment: At least Jenna Ortega in blue bibs. (They appear lighter and more blueish in some other inside scenes (also see the DVD cover and the end of the trailer).

Thanks again Felix, but I previously had this on my queue by coincidence for today. Some days ago there was a Hal Roach documentary, 70 years after the original Our Gang series (or maybe some other anniversary). Also see my sailor suit blog (entry "Hollywoods Spaßfabrik (Our Gang)", rating 4 with boys in sailor suits. Also there the colored girl Buckwheat in bib overalls,  but no need for an entry for that very young girl.)

I don't know this complete movie, so I have to recheck it later. Probably a quite poor remake. Set in the presence. Timeless anyway.

Also starring Bug Hall, who also starred in The Little Rascals (1994) , rating 5, next to some other very good movies. Mary-Ann was played by Mary Ann Jackson(1923-2003)  in the original series (not mentioned on IMDb). Probably not in bibs there.

I also have some other Our Gang / Little Rascals on all my other blogs. But I have to check more of the original episodes. Also check

/2012/06/27/the-pooch-our-gang/

/2011/09/17/our-gang-follies-of-1938/

Nice Pigtails. Rating 4-5 for now. I don't like the 1994 movie but that is probably better and also starring boys in bibs.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENu4rpDqR0o

Update: Now completetly seen. Rating now 6 instead of 5. 2 more pics

/2015/08/26/update-the-little-rascals-save-the-day/

No comments: