Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Bound for Glory (1976)

 


Biography Woody Guthrie, 2h27
Year: 1976
Year in film: 1936
Country: USA
Who in bibs: boys ~7-12, men 
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: low+ 
Rating:  4/10   
Rating: ****
Comment: Some few boys (I think all uncredited) and men in bibs. Rather few scenes. And most scenes are very dusty (real dust, dust storm dust bowl). Maybe a Blu-ray is a bit better or sharper on a good screen but probably not much if any. 2 Oscars.

Starring David Carradine. Found during research on IMDb (great depression). By coincidence I found a partial view of a boy sitting in front of fields while listening to music (IMDB pic 66). That scene is I think near the end and not of interest. Farm work in the distance.

Pic 1 at 52, young boy being lifted up. Also sitting rear view (with tag) on the car. Pic 2 is from the trailer (I missed that), pic 3 at 1h16 (young boy probably same as in pic 1, also walking rear), pic 4 at 1h18. Unpictured: boy headshot, 16, boy distance rear at 26. 

Great setting and I wonder how many movies like this still can be found.

I think I have to re-check it at regular speed. Also deleted scenes.

Rating ~4-(5) for now due to the amount and quality of scenes.



 

No comments: