Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Updates: Where the Red Fern Grows (1974+2003) belts

 

Researching for the brands (see upcoming post), I have briefly checked both movies (mainly making the best front and rear views). Click pics to enlarge. I also noticed, that both wearing belts.

It's also good to compare again. Both bibs are very faded, worn and ripped. But I prefer the 2003 version (on top, rating 8). Actor and bibs. These are also more baggy. And good sitting and shirtless scenes. I don't like the 70s haircut of the other boy (rating 6 or maybe 6-7). He also looking younger than 14. There are some good scenes like the rear views. There's also one other boy in each (see other posts). Pics 1 at 32 minutes, pic 2 below at 36.

Setting is in 1937. My DVD (2003 film) is full screen, pics here from wide screen.

I still haven't finished the novel and currently reading Bristle Face again.

Main entries + updates

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/01/where-red-fern-grows-2003.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/01/where-red-fern-grows-1974.html


 

No comments: