Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Brand #6: Where the Red Fern Grows (2003)


I have checked both 1974+2003 versions for the brands. (Also see previous post with larger pics) - other pics of both front+rear also with belts. I haven't found all brands yet. It's difficult because both are very faded and worn. On the 1974 movie there's another boy in very good striped bibs and red long johns (rating 6). I prefer the 2003 version (pictured, click pic to enlarge) rating 8.

The 2 pics left showing one of the Pritchard boys. I searched for ~1 hour. I first found a denim blog (sanforized blogspot) and found Montgomery Ward Powrhouse. I mainly recognized the W. Then I found an Asian store with vintage clothes (most sold out) and so found the real brand: N&W. The logo on stripes is 30s (the & is rathr an 8), the right one 40s. And rear view. I think the boy wore the 40s logo. The movie is set in 1937. I have to rewatch my DVD. The full screen showing more of the label in one scene than the wide screen, I think missing it.

The man on the right probably maybe wore Montgomery Ward bibs. The pic below showing the bib of a 50s Montgomery Ward "Pioneer" with label. Not exactly sure about the brand of Billy. Also half pocket lid. Might be an earlier Ward as well. Update: Most manufacturers had this. Billy's pocket is rectangular. Might be Stronghold. Vertical pocket watch hole instead of the diagonal one.

Bibs are often baggy, also sitting scenes. Handsome actor. Main entry still rating 8

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/01/where-red-fern-grows-2003.html

No comments: