Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Info 1624: Possible upcoming image issues part 2

 

I now think, that more photos might be affected when Google will change the image URLs (see earlier post linked below).

Probably at least all embedded pics from the Picasa/Google Photos (starting with picasaweb.google) won't show up anymore (except the very few new uploads). That includes

 

my PD pics, mainly FSA-OWI from loc.gov farm pics, mainly b&w (search for FSA)

personal photos/scans, here I have very few, more on my other blog

webfinds /CC albums (both blogs)

some few blog photos of PD movies, mainly b&w, ~10 photos, <5 movies


As said, all photos are still available but on Google Photos. I won't fix all links. Here's a link with all my shared albums. Same on my blogroll.


Blog's movie caps:

All pics earlier than Dec 2021 with URL bp.blogspot might be affected. (And maybe also later pics, some I had manually taken from those albums). It's unclear if Google will fix all links and if so if that'll work. This blog consists of one HTML file with text and the URL for the photos. So this source has to be changed/converted (by a tool?). I think now there're just redirects of all pics. I wonder what they did since 2016.

I haven't decided if I should already start fixing at least the most relevant pics (like rating 7-10) by myself or wait. I have to read more about it.

There is a thread on the Google's support forum (Blogger, trending). It's still unclear. Some blogspot photos would be fixed automatically, others have to be fixed/re-uploaded manually. There are 2 different transitions (Album archive, in fact there's just a new internal viewer, and URL transition even after July). It's even unclear if my old blog is even affected at all. But Google would (try to) fix everything themselves and even inform about every wrong URL. So I think, I'll wait.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2023/06/info-1623-possible-upcoming-image-issues.html



No comments: