Monday, June 19, 2023

Info 1623: Possible upcoming image issues

For the 2nd time, Google change(d) the URLs of the hosted photos and switched the domain.

This has something to do with the final closure of PicasaWeb, starting in 2016 and ending on July 19th 2023. There already was a migration to Google Photos. Not sure if plain Google Photos (except Blogger) are changed again.

It should be fixed automatically. New uploads (somewhere from 2021) already start with blogger.googleusercontent. Maybe they have started conversion. At least there is a new Blogger Media Archive.

I have more than 5,000 posts and currently >4,000 pics. I have backups, but I hope that automatic conversion will work.

 

Especially to check following pics/files (after July):

earlier PicasaWeb albums now Google Photos albums like my PD albums (blogroll)

slideshows (I think I just have 2, De Tuin (Villa Achterwerk), comparison Robbers Rooftops and Witches (Antaeus)) should be in the albums

direct videos (tag audio) My Dog Shep (in album blog PD)

very early uploads (2011-mid 2012)

header photo and manual stats list

very tiny pics

embedded videos

other embedded photos and links 


I think Google Photo albums are not affected and I already have fixed them then. Same for external links. So it's mainly the links of older blog pics. I have to wait and can just pray. There should be an internal tool but I don't have it.


Definitely affected is my link to a Google Photo Album with Blogger content of my 2nd test blog New posts Apr-May 3rd 2020 and rating 10-7, 7 partial (412 pics)

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/104516475651903416726/album/AF1QipMUc0W5PSbOiUN5__P_WUa8gptIWPQLK2kuOlWP?authKey=CI_xlPTrkcKofA

Update:19/7: the above album is also on Google Photos (added on my album list)

I think, I currently can't share the new Blogger Media albums

Update: Probably more photos affected than previously assumed

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2023/06/info-1624-possible-upcoming-image.html


No comments: