Thursday, April 13, 2023

Update: The Yearling (1994)



I now have completely checked this remake (but as usual at high speed only). Much more bibs scenes than  first assumed, I think he always wore bibs (when shown, but with an open jacket in the 2nd half and in boots). Also very good rear views. 2 different pairs. Very faded ones at the beginning and later medium blue baggy ones. Also sitting scenes. And on horse (together with a man).

I don't like much this actor and his haircut. Looking older than Claude Jarman Jr. from the much more famous 1946 classic (2 Oscars, I think no bibs scenes there, but in The Sun Comes Up, rating 7). Obviously also none in the novel where the character is 12 yo.

Pic 3 at 11 minutes. Pic 4 at 1h (also front view). Pic 1 in the 2nd half maybe near end, pic 2 near beginning. Wet butt when walking 1st half.

Rating 7 was correct. Maybe no need for purchase. I think I have to rewatch it at slow speed.

Main entry

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/12/yearling-1994.html





No comments: