Saturday, December 10, 2022

Info 1563: View-Master, 3D movies

I have some posts about virtual reality (and other topics like smells) and I recently bought a View-Master and some reels. There are many reel sets, especially of TV series of the 70s and 80s. You have 7 stereo slide pairs per reel and almost all series have 3 reels.

I currently only know The Waltons and Kidsongs showing bibs. I think different episodes each. I don't have either of them (as rare outside the US). The Waltons ("The Separation") has this scene (I have a post here) and Kidsongs has Matthew Bartilson sitting on a tree in Country-Sing-Along (song: Country Kid. I used to have that pic here). There's also reels of Tom Sawyer (1973) and another set showing Huck Finn (same movie). I think few scenes as well.

The 3-D effects are very good, but 1st there are very few good bibs scenes and 2nd actors with bibs are often in the background, so no good 3D effect of the overalls themselves.

There was a digital View-Master for Iphones, but they stopped that service and I don't know what pics they had.

It's possible to make own reels. But you need people wearing bibs.

There are also 3D movies/BD. I own some, but I think no notable movies. I only remember a very brief scene of The Mortician (2011), boy.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2018/12/story-153-virtual-reality-tour-360.html

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2015/12/info-430-second-life-sims-communities.html

No comments: