Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wider World

 

Pearson ELT secondary course aka WiderWorld
Year: 2017
Year in film: 2017 ?  
Country: UK
Who in bibs: Eva ~14 ?, other girl? 
Available on DVD: yes *
I own: no
Bib occurrence: very low ?
Rating:  5/10 ? 
Rating: *****
Comment: And another Pearson course. I first only found a photo (pic 2) in the book (2nd edition !) Level 2, unit 1 (Listening 1.5). Not sure if this is from a video. Maybe (most likely) from BBC Vox pops. There is no DVD and yet no DVD-ROM, just online sources. (There are also other Vox pop series, like the Vox pop television interviews from Cambridge University (see my other blog). I found another lady in bibs or shortalls (but headshot only) in Wider World 2 1.4 /1.5 VoxPops media read.

I had this on my other blog and previously haven't found any clips with bibs from the official samples, but by coincidence, I found a clip from Level 1 unit 6 (pic 1). Teen girl Eva sitting. and some few more scenes. I haven't found/checked all units. But obviously again very few scenes. In the 1st edition (probably this it's from) there are different teacher book packs, DVD-ROMs and ActiveTeach (I think latter one is interactive Whiteboard software incl videos but might have lower resolution). For more info see my other blog.

Very good, but probably few and brief scenes. So rating ~4-5.

Update: Same or similar girl as in pic 2 called Coco in course Gold Experience, 2nd edition Level B1 Unit 1. Also not sure if she appears in videos.


No comments: