Monday, October 24, 2022

GoGetter (Pearson)

 

Pearson ELT secondary course
Year: 2017
Year in film: 2017 ?  
Country: UK
Who in bibs: George 14 
Available on DVD: yes *
I own: no
Bib occurrence: very low
Rating:  5/10  
Rating: *****
Comment: Finally another new boy post and finally an ELT series with a boy in bibs. I searched the official book samples and found 2 photos in level 3 unit 3. I first haven't found a clip of that and even considered buying this (I think there's no DVD but DVD-ROM and digital media). But then I found all clips on YouTube (Go Getter Lesson).

Unfortunatley only very few and brief scenes and only in this episodes (I didn't know that part 1). Standing, camera tilting up (legs are cuffed up 7/8th). Pic 2 headshot only ( in the book also sitting distance). Also walking rear view but with a jacket.

His brother 13, also in white shiny shorts (Introduction 0.1). Also very good handsome, blond Tom 12 yo from Wales in level 2, often in very tight dark blue jeans, not bibs (best in lesson 1.4 walking rear view, front in lesson 8.2 part 2, headshot on my other blog).

Next to these short communication and grammar clips (latter ones mainly animated), there are also "Get Culture" clips from the BBC. In level 3 there's "The Arctic" with I think teens in snow bibs (or pants) with closed jackets. Level 1 is also not bad. Long blonde pigtails in level 2 Unit 1.2 (school uniforms incl Tom).

Good series. For the brief scenes rating 4-5. (Tom rating ~6-7.)


 

No comments: