Monday, November 9, 2020

Update 3: The Big Show (1923) Our Gang - new release


After having re-watched my DVD of this film, rating 7 (my most favourite Our Gang movie), I found some screenshots of much better image quality "exceptionally stunning" on the great lordheath website (pics here are re-uploads of the regular DVD).

There is a new version with a new restoration technic by Robin Cook / RGT Archives , after my research previously C-W Films (FB: ourgangsilentfilms) who announced a Blu-ray of some early films, probably including this one but in 2023 or later due to copyrights. I wonder why, to my knowledge this films are already PD, at least in the USA. They had offered another DVD earlier on ebay, maybe in low amounts but at a quite low price. So there's hope for this and other movies but we have to wait.

I previously had very good experience with different restored versions of My Dog Shep (rating 7).

Main entry

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-big-show-1923-our-gang-ordered.html



No comments: