Monday, April 27, 2020

Update: To Hell and Back (1955)

After checking movies starring Jerry Hartleben (Western "3:10 to Yuma (1957)", for the recently aired remake also see my bedroom blog), I also searched for movies starring his Oscar awarded brother Dale. So I found this movie, but I already had this entry (previously rated 5).

https://biboverallsfilms2.blogspot.com/2011/03/to-hell-and-back-1955.html

I checked this movie again and the bibs scenes of this teen boy are much better than thought. I think this must be 13 or 14 yo Gordon Gebert ("Annie Oakley") as 12 yo Audie Murphy. I think I have to check for more movies with him.

There's also another, a bit younger boy (10 yo ?) wearing light blue bibs but alltogether only about the first 8 minutes showing boys in bibs set in 1937 Texas, the rest are scenes of the boy as grown up during WWII.

The rear view could be better (no real back bib, but long suspenders. But probably this is authentic). But good front view.

I don't know the quality and color of the DVD and haven't checked it completetly, but still don't assume more flashback scenes.

Now rating (6)-7.

Thanks for the recent suggestions. I will check these soon. Again, please no links to download sites and similar.

pic n2  10/14

No comments: