Friday, February 10, 2017

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry


TV drama starring Morgan Freeman
Year: 1978
Year in film: 1933
Country: USA
Who in bibs: boys ~7-17, men
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: medium+
Rating: 5/10
Rating: *****
Comment: Several black boys and teen boys in faded bibs, also men including white men some in dark denim bibs. I haven't found teen girls in bibs like in the novels. I only have checked (many) parts of the movie as there's no quick preview window. School scene pictured at around 29 minutes. One brief scene of a white boy (Mark Keith as Jeremy in black or dark bibs at 1h25, at the beginning with a pullover (obviously bibs underneath)).

How could I miss this? I even own one of the novels.

Awarded novel by Mildred D. Taylor. Interesting 1930s Mississippi setting.

I haven't found perfect scenes, and very few and brief farm work scenes only.

The only DVD I found is a documentary or interview about the books. Originally as longer 3 part mini series. Now on DVD (maybe not officially). The movie is the pilot.


Rating 4 for now but needs rechecking more carefully, especially the full version.

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2013/01/book-22-taylor-roll-of-thunder-series.html

Update: More scenes than though. And some good scenes. Also a young boy in dark blue, maybe raw denim bibs, one boy in jeans coveralls. Now rating 5. 4 more pics

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2022/04/update-roll-of-thunder-hear-my-cry.html

 


No comments: