Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Rupert of Hee Haw

rupertofheehaw2

Silent film starring Stan Laurel
Year: 1924
Year in film: 1920s
Country: USA
Who in bibs: "Boy who kicks Rudolph"  10
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurence: low
Rating:  3/10 ?
Rating: ***
Comment: Mickey Daniels (1914-1970, "Our Gang") in faded tight bibs that are too short.

I think only few scenes in this 20 minutes short film. A Hal Roach production.

I like classics and recently rewatched My Dog Shep (1946, rating 7). The image quality of the DVD I own is quite bad (although better than the web version), but there seem to be DVDs, partly compilations with remastered image quality (but not sure). Probably it's worth buying another DVD, although the movie itself is into PD.

More about Our Gang coming soon. Also about Lanny Rees from My Dog Shep (on my western blog).

Although handsome, rating 3-4 for Mickey only.

No comments: