Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Velveteen Rabbit (2009)



Family film
Year: 2009
Year in film: ~1900 ?
Country: USA
Who in bibs: Toby ~9
Available on DVD: yes
I own: no
Bib occurrence: medium ?
Rating:  5/10 ?
Rating: *****
Comment: Canadian Matthew Harbour as sensitive orphan Toby in dark blue bibs. Also cycling but with a jacket and also wearing an apron over the bibs. High squared back bib. Buttoned straps, legs cuffed up, I think barefoot. Medium or probably fewer scenes. He also wears a typical dark 1900s suit and pajamas.

The 2nd and last Christian movie I found. Bestselling novel by Margery Williams. The movie is a combination of live-action and animated scenes. The animated Toby also wears blue bibs. Live-action scenes filmed in 2000. Directed by Michael Landon Jr.. Also starring Jane Seymour.

I found a stream online (under the French title). Scenes at 46 minutes but I haven't seen all of it. Obviously a very early setting (around 1900 or 1910). There are also at least 3 other movies including live-action scenes (1984+1985+short 2007) but I haven't seen them yet.

Rating 5 for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcR01QmxjY

No comments: