Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dolina miru

dolinamiru

War drama
-Year: 1956
-Year in film: 1940s ?
-Country: Yugoslavia
-Who in bibs: boy ~12 ??
-Available on DVD: yes ?
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: low ?
-Rating:  3/10 ?
-Rating: ***
-Comment: At least this person, I think it's a boy in maybe blue overalls. Also others in Lederhosen or Lederhosen style pants (not sure about the fabric) with H-style suspenders. Also blond boys (Germans ?) in uniforms.

Originally I made this for my Lederhosen blog. Scene at the beginning of the movie.

I can't say much more and don't remember much of it. I think set during WWII.

English titles "Valley of Peace", "Sergeant Jim" and "Mr. Jim - American, Soldier, and Gentleman"

During research I found another similar looking movie also with boys in longer Lederhosen (probably no overalls) called "Kekec" (1951) and some sequels in the 60s.

No entries on my Lederhosen blog yet.

There are definitely better movies (at least involving overalls).

Rating 3.

 

No comments: