Friday, November 28, 2014

Hound-Dog Man


Drama starring Fabian
-Year: 1959
-Year in film: 1912
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Spud ~8
-Available on DVD: yes *
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: medium
-Rating:  4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: 8 or 9 yo blond child actor Dennis Holmes in light blue overalls.

I wanted to pause today and it's time for a woman's entry, but I just found this rare movie.

I searched for "A Christmas Carol" (Kody Brown of the Sugar Creek Gang currently playing this on stage, and Little Dorrit had been aired yesterday). I found the character Tiny Tim (not Kody), Dennis Holmes played that in 1957 and so I found this one.

It's a color movie, but I only have found very few b&w pics showing him like here

http://acertaincinema.com/media-tags/stuart-whitman/

I can't say much more. Looks very interesting and a handsome boy. Novel by Fred Gipson ("Old Yeller", for that also see my western blog).

Dennis Holmes also starred in some other famous western movies and series like Laramie, "The Virginian"/"The Man From Shiloh" and Wagon Train.

There are some expensive DVD offers (probably unofficially DVDr).

Rating 4-5 for now.

Update: I found him in a short clip on YouTube but have te check the complete movie.

Update 2: Completely checked. Much more scenes (was low) 3 new pics, 2 more at

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2023/09/update-hound-dog-man.html

No comments: