Saturday, September 6, 2014

Frog Dreaming (1986)



Adventure film starring Henry Thomas
-Year: 1986
-Year in film: 1980s
-Country: Australia
-Who in bibs: Jane ~11 ?
-Available on DVD: VHS only *
-I own: yes, partly TV recording
-Bib occurrence: low
-Rating:  5/10
-Rating: *****
-Comment: At least this blond Australian girl, probably Tamsin West ("Round the Twist") in light blue bibs with a light blue belt in some scenes at around 25 minutes. Cycling scenes but probably none in bibs. I don't have the time to check all of it at slow speed. The girl also wearing a white blouse and sailor collar (soon on my other blog).

During research for some 80s movies, I found this on YouTube. This rare movie is still not on DVD. I wonder why. Just on VHS (OOP) and maybe on some DVD-r. Aka "The Quest" and "The Go-Kids".

Webfinds and recent TV broadcastings (a broadcasting with a young pregnant woman coming soon) will be posted first, so people will be able to watch it or a rebroadcasting that is still available or coming soon, before getting deleted.

I remember watching this exciting movie in the late 80s and/or early 90s and I like it. Nice lake and monster scenes. Directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith who also did some other interesting adventure and horror movies (BMX Bandits, Leprechaun 3, Flipper (1995)).

I think rather few scenes, so rating 5-6 only (movie even a higher rating). I have to recheck it and haven't seen rear view scenes or other good scenes (there might be) .

Australian movies make me think of coveralls. In yesterday's episode of Home Improvement there were men and women in blue astronaut's coveralls.

No comments: