Saturday, August 23, 2014

Story 76: Backpacks, belts, other accessories



This is a combination of a new TV series entry, an update and a story.

I have several entries showing girls and women wearing bibs with a belt. I sometimes wonder why. The advantage is that you don't have to wear a belt and it's more comfortable in bibs. Probably just for fashion purposes. I don't remember movies with boys wearing a belt. Most bibs are light blue and the belts are often light brown and thin. A typical example is Amazing Stories (1985) (see below) or the chicks in Home Improvement but thats a tool belt (Heidi coming soon). A list or tag with belt would be interesting but I'm still busy and a blog search for belt will do as well.

Another interesting things are backpacks. Especially if same or similar color. Make 4 straps. I often have seen headshots with actors wearing backpacks and wasn't sure if they might be overalls straps (especially if I have a clip or pic in a bad image quality). Some days ago I found (next to 2 other TV series) "Flash Forward (1996)". Pic 1 showing a teen girl in s1e3. There is also at least one more actress wearing bibs and a backpack and also a short jeans dress. Full entry coming later. Bibs and backpacks also in 7th Heaven (s4e2 and maybe others).

Previously I found Benji Gregory in ALF (s1e11) wearing dark blue bibs and a seat belt. Straps are very short and the seat belt is almost a 3rd strap and fixing the bib as well. He doesn't look happy here. I only noticed him in light blue and green bibs before.

There are other accessories like hankies in the pocket, see story 70 and 45 entry and there might be other interesting stuff. (Something in the bib pocket or attached).

I would like to see someone in overalls and chaps. But cowboys usually don't even wear overalls. Another fashion is wearing on strap loose or even the bib down (see also my other story entries). Combination with boots or barefoot is another thing.

And thanks again Felix and db1 for their recent suggestions. I will check all that soon.

New 2023 list

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2023/10/info-huge-update-part-55-belts-fm-list.html

No comments: