Saturday, December 21, 2013

About a Boy (2002)

aboutaboy

Drama. Novel Nick Hornby
-Year: 2002
-Year in film: 2000s ?
-Country: UK, USA, France
-Who in bibs: boy ~5 ?
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: yes, TV recording
-Bib occurence: very low
-Rating: 3/10
-Rating: ***
-Comment: A toddler in probably raw denim bibs at the beginning of the movie. One brief scene only.

Next to The Paper Brigade I have this film completely on that DVDr. I wonder why I have recorded it. I didn't even have watched it from there once. Now once, but mostly at high speed (2nd half).

Only some few good scenes concerning 12 yo Nicholas Holt (not in bibs but yellow jeans), nominated for a Young Artist Award. Movie was even nominated for an Oscar. Starring Hugh Grant.

Oh, that haircut of Nicholas. Looks like the late 70s or early 80s. Plot is maybe quite interesting. And actors always a matter of taste.

Bibs rating 2-3. Movie rating 4.

1 comment:

Rick Malibu said...

I think you should watch About A Boy. Nicholas Hoult is amazing (and I LOVE his hair). Also, I loved Paper Brigade, and Kyle Howard's hair, too..