Sunday, November 17, 2013

Book 30: Robert Newton Peck: TRIG

I now have finished this thin paperback book about the tomboy Trig with pigtails. Quite funny. But no girls or women in bibs. As mentioned before the illustrations by Pamela Johnson are far not as good as on the cover. One boy clearly wearing bibs as the other wears a shirt over them. The kids are shown even much younger like toddlers and chubby.One pic of an older teen boy/young man who helps on the farm carrying a milk bucket but it's not very good either. One page is missing, but probably nothing much better there.

2 descriptions of bibs, page 21, one boy in faded bibs with hands on his hibs. Legs apart. Both barefeet (on the cover only one).

Page 34: She wants revenge and imagined the boys go for a swim and undress their bibs, so she could make knots in the pantlegs. Paperbook 1979 edition. 58 pages. Large and small b&w illustrations.

Although farm content and a typical kid's story, I somehow don't like this book and already have forgotten nearly all of it.Typical girl's book about a strong girl defeating boys. I now continue Soup Ahoy, also by Peck, which is a bit better, but not as good yet as my other Soup books. I think I will finish that soon as well and continue To Kill a Mockingbird. Somehow I have bad luck with books. But most novels (for grown-ups) are often boring so I think I will continue buying children's books with illustrations.But not for too young kids. But there aren't many good ones. Or I still haven't found them. Also see my previous entries.

/2013/10/29/books-28-several-fm/

Also updated Klasse Segel Abenteuer (ep24)

/2013/11/10/klasse-segel-abenteuer-ep-23/

No comments: