Wednesday, April 17, 2013

List 22: My most watched DVDs

leschoristesenconcert

Partly a bit off topic and a bit different than my favourite movies/DVDs. Many musical DVDs as they are easier to watch than complete movies

1. Les Choristes - en concert (pictured, also see notes below, F/M), no bibs

2. The Music Man (1962) (rating 10, M)

3. The Sound of Music (1965) (no bibs, but sailor suits and Lederhosen, rating 8 on that blog)

4. Sugar Creek Gang (all movies, especially 1, 4 and 3, rating 10 each, M)

5. Kidsongs: Contry Sing-Along (rating 8, F/M) recently purchased maybe even rank #4

6. To Kill A Mockingbird (rating 9, F/M b&w)

7. Secondhand Lions (rating 8, M)

8. Honkytonk Man (rating 10, M)

9. The Waltons (different seasons, maybe season 2 and 3 most often, rating 10 F/M)

10. Respiro (2002) (no bibs, bedroom blog rating 6, movie rating 8-9)

I think my most watch DVD is "Les Choristes - en concert". Somehow I don't like Jean-Baptise Maunier (the only one of this mixed choir who appeared in the movie Les Choristes). The soundtrack DVD is even much better. I like chubby Elsa and Emmanuel (pictured). Lots of unusal music, unusal percussion and Asian like sounds. Most are very sad and depressive. Taken from different movies of course mostly from Les Choristes.  Both also wearing jeans but not bibs behind the scenes. My favourite songs are Karma, La complainte du vent and Vies monotones.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't watch movie x,y more often. I don't have much time watching movies and often watch television or surfing the web.

See also my other list entries.

Update: Now 2 years later in 2015 I don't watch the music movies (1-3) that much except the Kidsongs. I more watch The Sugar Creek Gang DVDs (maybe now on rank 1). I currently also rewatch all my DVDs and I'm also very busy searching for my unknown movies and doing research for new movies.

No comments: