Friday, December 28, 2012

My Antonia (1995)



TV drama starring Neil Patrick Harris
-Year: 1995
-Year in film: 1890s
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: boy ~9 ?
-Available on DVD: VHS
-I own: no
-Bib occurrence: very low
-Rating: 4/10
-Rating: ****
-Comment: At least a young boy in bibs (pictured, not Harris). I only noticed this very brief, but quite good scene at the very end of the movie. (I might miss scenes).

I found this by coincidence and don't know/don't remember this movie. Sorry for the bad pic (taken from the trailer).

Emmy Award. 1918 novel by Willa Cather. Also starring Jason Robards and others. Set in Nebraska in the late 1890s.

I have to check this again later. Rating 5 for now. Riding scenes but probably not in bibs (?)

I also found Antonia (1995) starring Willeke van Ammelrooy (good farm content young women and men in bibs, coming soon, rating 3-4). There are some RC0 DVDs but maybe VHS or TV rips.

Update: I have briefly checked the movie. Nice historical clothes and 1890s Western setting, but I noticed very few and brief bibs scenes, and mainly in the background.

So rating 4-5 or less. Previously rated 5, now 3-4. Also on my pigtails and sailor suit blog.

No comments: