Friday, November 16, 2012

Info 188: Update 2: Kidsongs


Thanks to the dungareemovies blog I saw some more detailed pics of this good musical kids series. This episode is called "Country Sing-Along (1999)". I only checked this series briefly then. New tags: sitting F, sitting M, teen girls, bicycle (same girl) and riding.

Originally rated 5, then 7, now 8-9. I think have to check the videos again.

There's is also the episode "A Day at Old MacDonald's Farm" with more kids (boy+girl) than thought (1985) also sitting. And ep. "What I want to be" (1987).

There are also teen boys, men and perhaps women in other episodes. Other old tags: hickory stripes, shortalls and skirtalls. Main entry at

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2011/07/kidsongs_4.html

Update: Now I own the DVD "Country Sing-A-Long". It's 25 minutes (10 songs, some without bibs) + 10 minutes of 4 or 5 clips from other DVDs (incl one of this one, only one more with boys and men in bibs (rating 4-5, mostly hickory stripes). Luckily the original DVD is RC0, so I can watch it on the big screen. Dolby 5.1 and 2.0, No subtitles, Ages 1-8.

My favourite song and bibs scenes are in "Achy Breaky Heart" (see this hips post) with Matthew Bartilson "dancing" in bibs and cowboy boots. Lifting a leg and clapping with the hands underneath the thigh. Also turning around but  hardly to see. I only noticed one good rear view on song "Nashville Cats" Very high back bib piece. Also a brief rear view of the girl. And the riding scenes (boy) could also be better. The 1st song "Swingin'" (1st pic) is also very good. I only had the time to watch the DVD once and I don't know how often I will watch it.

Short DVDs have advantages and disadvantages. I rather prefer movies and series. And I also prefer raw denim bibs but I kinda like this boy (the bibs reminds me of Dragonfly in The Sugar Creek Gang, rating 10).

The girl pictured is called Charlotte in the song and I think is Kati Floberg (on the right Kyle Stanley (not in bibs here but in Locomotion). Matthew (with the glasses and riding) is her brother (also just in this song). All kids are credited at the end, but I don't know who is who. Maybe I will buy more Kidsongs DVDs but I doubt that there are better DVDs including boys. The 2nd pic of the main entry is also from this DVD. There are some good scenes like horse tricks, standing on horses. They should do a remake with more bibs scenes. Also the Biggles in bibs. One young girl in skirtalls with blue straps and a colorful skirt.

I like US kids and farm and country content, and some songs are catchy and some kids quite handsome but there are better songs. For kids songs I prefer Kinderen voor Kinderen.

But rating even 8-9. Also now on my western blog.

/2013/02/21/story-48-better-barefoot-or-boots-front-or-back/

/2015/05/29/story-93-boy-or-girl-boys-with-female-moves-and-behavior-hips/

/2015/10/23/story-105-kidsongs-photoshopped-both-in-bibs/


No comments: