Friday, May 29, 2015

Story 93: Boy or girl? Boys with female moves and behavior - hips


Girls and women in overalls are often seen manlike (tomboys, see my other posts) maybe except the fashion since the 1990s like tight bibs, shortalls, skirtalls or sleeveless shirts or shirtless.

Yesterday I have seen again Kidsongs. Many (preteen) boys appear to me more like females. I don't mean boys with long hair or their voices before breaking. Some faces are also hard to identify (often it turns out that they are boys). But I mean their behavior and also the body shapes, especially hips and bottom.

Pic 1 showing the episode Country Sing-Along. I noticed Matthew Bartilson in the red shirt dancing in Achy Breaky Heart (unfortunately the only boy in bibs in this episode and rear views are very briefly shown). He is also not jumping as much as the boy next to him. All the 3 other boys seem quite female, maybe except for the blond Kyle.

Pic 2 is from Boppin' With the Biggles, song Locomotion. They even sing about hips (but I thought about it earlier). Many bibs are baggy (boys+girls) but I don't like hickory stripes. I assume the black kid is a girl? The 2 others are boys, same as in pic1.

Maybe dancing is nothing a cool boy should do.

There are also movies with boys wearing female accessories (like in "The Sugar Creek Gang", Dragonfly wearing a female hat) and there are also gay boys and girls in other movies - I have some posts about them, but often these coming-of-age movies with kids in bibs don't show them too feminine.

/2012/06/18/story-35-tomboy/

/2012/11/16/info-188-update-2-kidsongs/

/2015/03/17/kidsongs-boppin-with-the-biggles/

/2015/03/13/story-89-1-or-more-actors-and-dancing-in-overalls/

https://biboverallsfilms.blogspot.com/2018/01/list-60-unknown-gender-longhaired-boys.html

No comments: