Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Neon Bible



Drama starring Drake Bell
-Year: 1995
-Year in film: 1940s
-Country: UK
-Who in bibs: David 10+15 yo
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Clothing occurrence: medium+
-Rating:  6/10 ?
-Rating: ******
-Comment: At least David (10 yo played by Drake Bell, 15 yo by Jacob Tierney, both pictured) in stone washed blue bibs. Farm/rural content of the 1940s Georgia (US). Quite rare for an UK film. Not sure how many flashback scenes of 10 yo David during WWII, but I think a lot.

I found a pic of this movie by coincidence during research for something else (probably because of actress Diana Scarwid in Gold Diggers). I checked some parts of the movie and it looks quite good. I don't have the time to watch this independant coming-of-age film completely. I don't like watching movies online, especially if in a foreign language. So I hope for a soon broadcasting. The 10 yo is too young and I think I somehow wouldn't like the teen boy either. But unsure. However the farm setting looks very good.

Also starring Gena Rowlands, Diana Scarwid and Denis Leary. Novel by John Kennedy Toole. Directed by Terence Davies. Nominated in Cannes for a Palm d'Or.

Rating 6 for now. I couldn't find any clips on YouTube.

Tag sitting: I think both 10 and 15 yo boys.

Update: more boys than first assumed

/2017/09/02/update-the-neon-bible/

No comments: