Sunday, April 22, 2012

Der Laden



German drama mini series 3 parts.
-Year: 1998
-Year in film: 1919-~1945
-Country: Germany
-Who in bibs: woman
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no, partly TV recording
-Bib occurence: low ?
-Rating: 3/10 *
-Rating: ***
-Comment: I can't say for sure if they are really bibs, but looks like white, shorter bibs worn with a belt. A young woman or teen girl, I'm also not sure about her name. Cosma Shiva Hagen is later shown and has shorter hair. Might be Martina Gedeck or Natalia Wörner but there are more actresses. This scene is about this woman and 2 or 3 teen boys who are in the woods without clothes (I think boys only). Must be set in the early 1930s. Pic is from my personal short recording in bad quality. I couldn't find any better pics showing bibs.

This series is very interesting and would fit perfectly in my other blog. But despite the setting I don't know of any actors wearing sailor suits nor real Lederhosen but pants with suspenders. Also school and spanking scenes and later romantic and war scenes. Rural setting but maybe no farm scenes in bibs?

I have to check this again the next broadcasting.

Also starring 11 or 12 yo Ole Brandmeyer as young main character Esau, Bastian Trost as adolecent Esau, Arndt Klawitter as older Esau, Isolde Barth and others. Novel by Erwin Strittmatter. Grimme and some other Awards.

For bib scenes only rating 3 for now. Series is much better. There is one trailer from the original publisher, but without this scene.

2 comments:

jensine said...

I remember seeing it many years ago and it was good.

jensine said...

I remember seeing it many years ago and it was good.