Friday, November 25, 2011

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm (1938)


Farm family movie starring Shirley Temple
-Year: 1938
-Year in film: 1900s ??
-Country: USA
-Who in bibs: Rebecca ~10 ys
-Available on DVD: yes
-I own: no
-Bib occurence: medium ?
-Rating:  4/10 ?
-Rating: ****
-Comment: Shiley Temple in (according to the movie poster) beige bibs and a straw hat (pictured). After finding her in a white sailor suit in "Captain January (1936)", see my other blog, rating 3, I also found this movie. At the colorized trailer at IMDb I "only" found women in sailor dresses, so I also have to add this on my other blog as well.

Farm content and probably a quite good movie, also starring Randolph Scott, Jack Haley and Gloria Stuart, novel by Kate Douglas Wiggin. But I don't think I would like this movie. But I have to check for others in bibs and the other versions of that novel. But could be worse. So rating 3-4 for now. There is also a recommendation at IMDb for the musical "Curly Top (1935) showing a cover with her in blue jeans bibs, b/w but also available colorized. So I will check also that. Not on archive.org, so unsure if PD.

1 comment:

Overalls Nation said...

Howdy! I've been overalls blogging for six months now and I can't believe I didn't know about your excellent blog. I'm going to link it at my own blog.

overallsnation.wordpress.com